Thursday, July 03, 2008

Just for Me.

We all live hectic lives and sometimes it's nice just to get out and do your very own thing that you love to do. My first love in photography was nature photography, as it is for so many people, I also used to be hard core into astronomy and still like to get out once in a while with my telescope and look around the heavens. Well the other night I had some time so I went out with my camera and tripod and did some fun night shots of the sky just for me. It was so nice being out of town and looking up and seeing thousands of stars fill the sky... I guess this is one advantage to country living :-)

I did a little light "painting" with this one... I had lots of time to do it as it was a 10 minute exposure.


What do you do when you take a 30 minute photo like this one... you can't leave, you can't turn on any lights, so you just throw down a blanket and stare up at the sky enjoying the sights... it was amazing.

4 comments:

Marlene Fast said...

stunning, Steve. I've never taken the time to do this type of photography - but once I'm in Africa I will make a point of it. You should enter the top image into the next competition!

Jeremy Dueck said...

yeah, great photo on the top - love it. should enter it, only don't so I can win...

nice stuff man!

Holly said...

cool! I like how you can tell which is the north star, because it doesn't move. Awesome.

Anonymous said...

Breathtaking!