Sunday, November 23, 2008

Play time

I ran into some friends of mine in the store the on Saturday and they asked if I was Christmas shopping because I had a large aquarium in my shopping cart, I told them no but I think I kind of was. I bought the aquarium to do some shots that I wanted to do. I got some ideas from a display saw a while back... I was going to get shots of fruit, strawberries in particular as they fell into water.... wow was it fun and we got some super cool shots. My good friend Doug Friesen come down and we spent several hours dropping and throwing different things into water, we were like a couple of little boys playing... haaahaaaa. Check out some of the shots.









I had also had the idea of dropping some food coloring into water and photographing it as it spread out in the water... I had no idea we'd get the kind of effect that we did ... it was so totally amazing.




I should probably also mention that if anyone would like any of these as art work for their home give me a shout.

8 comments:

Jeremy Dueck said...

Great stuff Steve, some of the best shooting I seen you do.

Sweet

Anonymous said...

Sooooo cool!

Holly said...

ok, that's awesome. seriously.
I love the gummi bear shot, and the pepsi one is ridiculously clear. cool stuff Steve!
ps.. those food colour ones could make for some cool textures to play with in photoshop.

Anonymous said...

The water in the third strawberry looks like a heart.

Smiley Eyes Photography said...

I love the fruit shots !!

Anonymous said...

These are great! A friend of mine did something similar for school last year... she's really into food photography. She got some cool shots with water, food coloring, and the seeds from a pomegranate. Wish I had that creativity!

Anonymous said...

Pepsi has gotta what that! Your really good at playing :0)

Anonymous said...

i love the strawberry photo's. the white background looks great with them.
-Val K.